Thursday, May 1, 2008

Golfing

I took my first golf lesson today, at the age of 30. I played with my friend from work and we picked up some goods tips/pointers and numerous other techniques from the pro at the local golf course. The weather was cold which kept other golfers off the course and allowed us to spend time working on driving, mid-fairway, chip shots and putting. I haven't been a fan of golf because it takes a lot of time and I don't have much to devote to it. All in all it was a pretty good time, minus the cold weather and the fact I can't hit crap.

I am going to try to get out once or twice a week and hit a bucket of balls and work on putting. Hopefully by mid-July I shouldn't be a complete embarrassment on the fairway.

One aspect I am really enjoying is the opportunity I have to learn something completely new. I'm not old, but it is a little late in life to pick up golfing. Regardless, I enjoy the challenge the game presents and I look forward to becoming more involved with the game.

No comments: