Monday, June 9, 2008

McCain: Obama means 2nd Carter Term

Here is a great zinger from McCain from MSNBC. Thanks to Mark Murray:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 6:08 PM by Mark MurrayFiled Under: , ,
From NBC's Mark MurrayIn an interview to air later tonight on Nightly News, McCain tells NBC's Brian Williams that while Obama might criticize him for representing a third Bush term, Obama seems to be running for a second Carter term. Part of the transcript...
Williams: Is it going to be tough to run with an incumbent party for the White House, given this economic backdrop?
McCain: I-- I think it's-- it's tough. But I think the American didn't, people didn't get to know me yesterday. They know me. They know that I have fought for restraining spending, which Senator Obama has been a big part of, with earmarking (UNINTEL) projects. They know that I have been a strong fiscal conservative, and they know I understand the challenges that they face.
They need a little break from-- from their gasoline taxes, and they -- and they know that -- we've got to get spending under control. And we've got to become independent of foreign oil. Sen. Obama says that I'm running for a Bush's third terms. It seems to me he's running for Jimmy Carter's second. (LAUGHTER)

====================================================

I couldn't of said it better myself.

No comments: